Thursday, February 25, 2016

You came to me, God,
in my darkness,
but not in bodily form;
then upon my soul,
You wrote a verse;
now glory fills my soul!
        
You came to me, God,
in my trials,
yet, not in bodily form;
then upon my soul,
You wrote Your Word;
now glory fills my soul!

You came to me, God,
in my sorrow,
though not in bodily form;
then upon my soul,
You wrote a verse;
now glory fills my soul!

Chorus
You came to me, God,
by Your verses;
Alleluia! praise Your name!
And upon my soul
You’ve written Your love;
now glory fills my soul!
                       M. Robbins


My soul fainteth for thy salvation: but I hope in thy word.  Psalms 119:81

     We know that the Bible states in 2 Tim 3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.”
     But did you know that God often brings into a Christian’s life a Bible verse that ultimately has such a special significance between God and the Christian that it might later in time be called a “love” verse?
     Yes, through ways which are only known to God, the Lord Almighty can take a single Bible verse and use that verse to mightily reveal Himself to a Christian.   
     Also through means which only God can bring about, the Great I AM can take just one verse from His Word and make that single verse a vital part of a Christian’s life and memory!
     However that type of verse often comes to the Christian’s soul during times of great anguish, loss, trials or when the Christian seems to be almost fainting in prayer.  Consequently because it frequently comes at such a great cost to the believer, the verse seems to have been “written” upon the soul.
     Yet, a “written” verse upon the soul isn’t natural.  So how can a verse that has been “written” upon a soul bear any resemblance of being loveable?  Surely it can’t be termed a “love” verse!
     Ah, dear Christian, His ways are generally not the same as ours.
     His way is that from our great anguish God’s glory shines from a Bible verse.
     His way is that from our loss comes a special “union” with God via a verse.
     His way is that from our trials comes a type of deep, unforgettable communication of God unto the Christian, His child, through a Scripture verse.  In fact so special does the verse become to the Christian, it is if God, Himself, by way of a verse, had taken on sinews and flesh.
     And because it is all of God, there is a special holy glory in the “writing.”
     Consequently for the rest of the Christian’s earthly pilgrimage, contact with such a verse will trigger an immediate memory of how and when God revealed Himself through a verse!
     That is why such a verse can be called a “love” verse. 
     Oh! the “writing!”
     Oh! the glory!
     May His name be praised today!
                                                                                                                                              M. Robbins



No comments:

Post a Comment