Monday, December 21, 2015

   


                THE BRIDE - John 14:3
                 by Frances Bevan

‘Midst the darkness, storm, and sorrow,
One bright gleam I see;
Well I know the blessed morrow
Christ will come for me.

‘Midst the light, and peace, and glory
Of the Father’s home,
Christ for me is watching, waiting,
Waiting till I come.

Long the blessed Guide has led me
By the desert road;
Now I see the golden towers,
City of my God.

There, amidst the love and glory,
He is waiting yet;
On His hands a name is graven
He can ne’er forget.

There, amidst the songs of heaven,
Sweeter to His ear
Is the footfall through the desert,
Ever drawing near.

There, made ready are the mansions,
Radiant, still, and fair;
But the Bride the Father gave Him
Yet is wanting there.

Who is this who comes to meet me
On the desert way,
As the Morning Star foretelling
God’s unclouded day?

He it is who came to win me
On the Cross of shame;
In His glory well I know Him
Evermore the same.

Oh the blessed joy of meeting,
All the desert past!
Oh the wondrous words of greeting
He shall speak at last!

He and I together entering
Those fair courts above--
He and I together sharing
All the Father’s love.

Where no shade nor stain can enter,
Nor the gold be dim,
In that holiness unsullied,
I shall walk with Him.

Meet companion then for Jesus,
From Him, for Him, made--
Glory of God’s grace for ever
There in me displayed.

He who in His hour of sorrow
Bore the curse alone;
I who through the lonely desert   
Trod where He had gone;

He and I, in that bright glory,
One deep joy shall share--
Mine, to be for ever with Him;
His, that I am there.


In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  John 14:2-3 


     When Jesus spoke of coming again “for you,” He wasn’t casually speaking.  He was deeply, passionately, earnestly, and with an everlasting love speaking of your future with Him.
     And though He was speaking from the upper room where the disciples were gathered for the passover, Christ was looking past His death on the cross and was looking into eternity.
     And you were there.
     Yes, even from that furnished room in Jerusalem, Christ saw you free at last from the things of earth:  tears, sorrow, pain, sin, and the fear of death.  
     And He rejoiced in your garment of salvation, your robe of righteousness, your Heavenly glory and your having “put on immortality.” 
     And Christ, the omnipotent one, knowing that neither your eye nor ear nor heart had any knowledge of the things that had been prepared for you, knew you would be forever satisfied with His goodness.
     Yes, dear one of Christ, Jesus spoke concerning His coming again before He left the upper room for the cross.
     But you were in His heart.....in His very soul.....and you were beholding His glory.
     So, dear loved one of Christ, as you journey through this barren earth, do not distrust His love.    
     For it was because of His great love for you that He suffered all for you.
     And it will be because of His great love for you that He’ll not leave you behind....away from glory.....away from Him.                                       
                                                                                                                                             M. Robbins 



No comments:

Post a Comment