Saturday, January 2, 2016

‘Midst a night which has no stars,
‘midst a day which owns no sun,
I cry to You with a child like voice:
“Please abide with me!”

Yes, my Lord, through howling winds -
through massive thunderstorms,
hear my child like cry to You:
“Please abide with me!”

But it matters not that I’ve been clothed
with Your choicest robe of love
and it matters not that I’ve been crowned
with glory and with grace -

At least that’s what my flesh now speaks
to my tempest driven soul
and so with fear my spirit cries:
“Lord! Please abide with me!”

Rather yet, oh Lord, my God,
please grant this simple cry:
“May You and I be ever joined
 With I in You and You in me.”
                          M. Robbins


     I have no knowledge of “forever” but I know of One who does!
     And the One who cannot lie has given all Christians a “forever” special promise in John 14:16 - “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.”
     And this Comforter, this Spirit of God, is “forever” with you.....through your dangers, toils, and fears.  He is there with you “forever” when you’re young and when you’re old.
     And because He’s yours “forever,” you are “forever” blest! 
                                                                                                                                                 M. Robbins

No comments:

Post a Comment