Sunday, January 3, 2016

O Thou whose bounty fills my cup
With ev’ry blessing meet,
I give Thee thanks for ev’ry drop,
The bitter and the sweet!

I praise Thee for the desert road,
And for the riverside;
For all Thy goodness hath bestowed,
And all Thy grace denied.

I thank Thee for both smile and frown,
And for the gain and loss;
I praise Thee for the future crown,
And for the present cross.

I thank Thee for Thy wing of love,
Which stirred my worldly nest,
And for the stormy clouds that drove
The flutt’rer to Thy breast.

I thank Thee for the glad increase,
And for the waning joy,
And for this strange, this settled peace
Which nothing can destroy.

Chorus
In ev’rything give thanks,
In ev’rything give thanks,
For this is the will of God in Christ Jesus
Concerning you!
                       Jane Crewdson

****************************************

For sickness, sadness, pain and loss,
For fellowship with Jesu’s Cross
That turns this world’s gold into dross,-
  For this we thank Thee!

For loving faithfulness and grace
That cast us down upon our face,
And make the flesh take its own place,-
  For this we thank Thee!

In all our joy and all our grief,
For chast’ning sore, or sweet relief,
For lengthen’d days, or waiting brief,-
  For all we thank Thee!

And when our time on earth is o’er,
When in Thy presence we adore,
O then, for all that’s gone before,
  We e’er shall thank Thee!
                                         Samuel Ridout


O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.  Psalms 136:1 




No comments:

Post a Comment