Saturday, January 9, 2016

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  Isa 55:11

     An English minister told the following:
     I was asked to go to a public house in Nottingham to see the landlord's wife, who was dying.  I found her rejoicing in Christ as her Saviour.
     I asked her how she found the Lord. 
     "Reading that," she replied, handing me a torn piece of paper.
     I looked at it and found it was a part of an American newspaper, containing an extract from one of Spurgeon's sermons, which extract had been the means of her conversion.
     "Where did you find this newspaper?" I asked. 
     "It was wrapped around a parcel sent to me from Australia."
     A sermon preached in London, cabled or sent to America, and there printed in a newspaper, which was sent to Australia, part of it being torn off there for the parcel sent to England, which reached the heart of a woman, that probably could not easily have been reached in any other way, not many miles from where the words were originally spoken.  What a comment on Isaiah 55:11.
                                                                                                                from a book by Frederick Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment